As a young hockey player, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness can all be found in a simple place, the hockey rink! CAN/AM Hockey invites you to the city of brotherly love! Join us in Philadelphia for an unforgettable hockey weekend with your team. Rich in American and hockey history, the home of the Liberty Bell, and the Broad Street Bullies, the city of Philadelphia provides a perfect background for the CAN/AM Hockey Challenge Cup! All games will be played at the Ice Works Skating Complex – home to 1 Olympic size rink, 3 NHL rinks, 2 restaurants, an arcade and multiple party rooms, this venue is impressive.
On the ice, we offer evenly matched competitive divisions for teams of all ages and skill levels. We have over 50 years of experience hosting hockey events. We are here to help you and your team make the most of your time in Philadelphia. CAN/AM will work to make this the most memorable tournament of your hockey career.
AGES & PLAYING LEVELS
THE CAN/AM DIFFERENCE
The CAN/AM difference is clear! Participating in the Challenge Cup means we take care of the details. We arrange your hotels, games, divisions, tournament events, and let you worry about one thing: having fun, experiencing great hockey! Last year over 1,000 teams and nearly 33,000 players, families, coaches and friends enjoyed a Challenge Cup Tournament. We want you and your team to join in on the fun!
We are committed to providing the best experience both on and off the ice, using only state of the art, first class facilities and hotels. Why settle for less when CAN/AM offers so much more!
- Unsurpassed Locations – the Challenge Cup Locations offer more than a random sampling of suburban rinks. Philadelphia offers great hotel choices, entertainment for the entire family, and superb attractions.
- First Class Tournament Experience – we take care of the details to allow you to focus on one thing – enjoying the Tournament.
- Convenient on-line registration and reservations for the team rep and all of your families.
- We introduced the idea of Customer Service for Tournaments. Our goal is to make sure you and your team have a great experience.
- CAN/AM guarantees 4 Tournament Games. Four teams in each division will advance to a Medal Game.
- We offer competitively placed divisions based on age, strength, geography, history, and experience.
- The Challenge Cup is run by Tournament Professionals with over 50 years of experience in organizing youth and adult events. We are always here for you, before, during, and after your event to help guide your team to the best hockey experience in North America.
AT THE TOURNAMENT
Welcome to the CAN/AM Challenge Cup in Philadelphia, PA! Your ultimate Tournament experience is finally about to begin. To help you plan the greatest Tournament weekend ever, we wanted to give you an idea of what you can expect at the Tournament and in Philly. You leave the planning to us and concentrate on having the ultimate hockey weekend!
As families and players arrive in town, they will check in directly at their hotel. Once families are checked in to their room, it’s time to check out the town. Everyone’s first stop is likely the Ice Works Skating Complex.
The headquarters for the Tournament will be in the lobby of the arena. Here you will find posted standings, locker room assignments, souvenirs, photos, and as always, the friendly CAN/AM Staff. Tournament Central is where your Team Rep will register before your first game. Your Team Rep will receive additional tournament instructions as well as special player souvenirs for each player.
Games will be played at Ice Works Skating Complex. Your game schedule will be available about one week prior to the Tournament Date. All teams are guaranteed 4 games. The games begin on Friday at 8:00 AM. After the round-robin games are completed, the four top teams in each division will proceed to the Sunday Medal Championship games. By Saturday night, Medal matchups for your division will be set. Will your team have what it takes to make it to a Medal Game on Sunday morning? The Gold, Silver and Bronze Medal Games will be completed by late afternoon on Sunday.
In all Divisions, Gold, Silver, and Bronze CAN/AM Championship medals will be awarded to each player. A special Challenge Cup Championship plaque as well as a Gold Medal CAN/AM banner to hang in their home arena will be awarded to all Gold Medal teams.
During the weekend, the CAN/AM Staff is always available for you. There is always a helpful staff member to guide you where to go, answer questions, make suggestions, and assist your players and guests. We are here to help you get the most out of this special hockey holiday weekend, no matter what happens on the ice. Our goal is providing an unmatched hockey experience for your team. The Challenge Cup is a professional event for amateur players. That is why so many teams choose to make the CAN/AM an annual event. We look forward to hosting your team in Philadelphia!
Please use our interactive map to explore the greater Philadelphia area.