10U – A (1 opening)
Email our tournament staff at email@example.com
AGES AND PLAYING LEVELS
THE CAN/AM DIFFERENCE
The CAN/AM difference is clear! Participating in the Challenge Cup means we take care of the details. We arrange your hotels, meals, games, divisions, tournament events, and let you worry about one thing: having fun, experiencing great hockey! Last year over 1,000 teams and nearly 33,000 players, families, coaches and friends enjoyed a Challenge Cup Tournament. We want you and your team to join in on the fun!
We are committed to providing the best experience both on and off the ice, using only state of the art, first class facilities and hotels. Why settle for less when CAN/AM offers so much more!
- Accommodations at first Class Hotels – we make the arrangements for your team so that you don’t have to worry about where to stay or if you can find rooms together!
- Unsurpassed Locations – the Challenge Cup Locations offer more than a random sampling of suburban rinks. Lake Placid offers history, unique arenas, first rate hotels, and one-of-a-kind attractions.
- First Class Tournament Experience – we take care of the details to allow you to focus on one thing – enjoying the Tournament.
- We introduced the idea of Customer Service for Tournaments. Our goal is to make sure you and your team have a great experience.
- We offer competitively placed divisions based on age, strength, geography, history, and experience.
- The Challenge Cup is run by Tournament Professionals with over 50 years of experience in organizing youth and adult events. We are always here for you, before, during, and after your event to help guide your team to the best hockey experience in North America.
Below is a list of all of the features that are a part of your Tournament Package. These items are all included in your per person fees. There are no additional Tournament fees, taxes or gratuities.
- Four Game Guarantee. Four teams in each division advance to a medal game. Games begin on Thursday afternoon and medal games end on Sunday afternoon
- 4 days 3 nights accommodations at your choice of great area hotels. Check-in on Thursday and check-out on Sunday for the ultimate hockey weekend! (Hotel selection honored based on earliest received $200 per room deposits. Deposits must be submitted as a team.)
- Our packages include 3 breakfasts and 3 dinners (beginning with Thursday dinner and ending with Sunday breakfast.)
- Complimentary Lunch on the day of your choice.
- Complimentary Pizza Party for your players and their families!
- Accessible full-time staff prior to the Tournament available to answer your questions and help you organize your team! At the Tournament, staff are always available to service your team’s needs.
- Three 12-minute stopped time periods.
- Championship Gold-Silver-Bronze medals and iconic team winning plaque and custom arena banner for all gold medal teams.
- Guarantee of one 1980 Olympic Rink game for each team.
- Free e-program and admission to all games.
- Shoot-Out and Team Relay skating competitions with awards.
- Professionally filmed and edited Tournament Highlight video capturing your Tournament memories shared with all tournament guests at the conclusion of the tournament.
- Professionally recorded tournament games (select games available with play-by-play commentator) available at the Video desk across from Tournament Central.
- All skills competitions are professionally recorded and available for purchase.
- Team and Action photos taken during one of your games and available for purchase.
- Player souvenir for each participant.
- Public Skating session on the 1980 Arena or Olympic Oval for all Players, Family Members, Coaches, and Guests. (location based on venue availability and current conditions)
- Opening Ceremony for all Players, Family Members, Coaches, and Guests.
- Results posted after each game on canamhockey.com.
- $50 credit toward any CAN/AM Hockey Camp for each tournament player, coach and parent.
- One complimentary Coach or Team Rep package when you bring 40 players, parents, and guests (value equal to 1 Adult at Double Occupancy. Multiple teams cannot be combined, and complimentary package is non-transferable).
- Complimentary discounts at local stores.
- Great shopping at unique boutiques and outlet stores.
- Exchange of commemorative gifts between teams.
- Professional medical staff on site.
- USA Hockey sanctioned.
- Be part of other World Class International Skiing, Luge, Bobsled, Alpine, Ski-Jumping and Figure Skating events.
- A small town, friendly and safe atmosphere for all.
- CAN/AM Lake Placid Tournament Credential customized with your team name. An Olympic Credential provides complimentary access to the Olympic Ski-Jumping Complex, Sports Complex, Olympic Speed Skating Oval plus discounts on Whiteface lift tickets, gondola rides, bobsled rides, the Olympic Museum, and more…a $75 value! (Venues subject to weather conditions. Visit www.lakeplacidlegacysites.com for details.)
- And most importantly a highly competitive Tournament operated by experienced professionals.
CAN/AM’s Challenge Cup Tournaments are Package Tournaments. Prices are charged on a per person basis depending on the number of Adults and Players in each room. This per person cost includes hotel accommodations, meals, the tournament fee, and all of the package benefits listed for the tournament your team selects. All tax and gratuity is included in prices. The price is per person for the weekend. There are no additional fees.
In Lake Placid, the Package includes 4 days and 3 nights accommodations and all tournament features.
To calculate costs for either package, add the number of adults and players in a room. This determines the occupancy i.e. 2 adults + 1 player = triple occupancy. Once you know the occupancy, simply add the corresponding per person cost for each adult and player in that room. All rooms must contain at least one Adult. Non-player Minors do not affect occupancy. Non-player Minor pricing is a constant rate, regardless of the room occupancy. Non-player minors ages 6-17 receive all of the same package benefits as Adults and Players. Minors stay with Parent(s) in existing bed space. Minors age 5 and under stay free and do not receive any package benefits.
RATE CHART EXPLANATION
Quad: Any combination of four adults and players.
Triple: Any combination of three adults and players.
Double: Two adults or one adult and one player.
Prices are per person for the whole weekend and include applicable taxes and gratuities. There are no additional team or entry fees. All tournament fees are included in the package fees.
For a team to participate, all rostered players, coaches, managers, and guests must subscribe to one of these packages. Rates are based on 14 or more rostered players. Teams with less than 14 players will be charged $50 for each missing player.
A non-refundable $500 deposit will be charged to your credit card when your registration is accepted. The $500 team deposit is not an extra fee. If you paid the team deposit, you can apply it to your balance or it can be divided between the families. If the team paid the $500 deposit, it can be returned to the team 30 days after the tournament is over. Refunds of team deposits paid by credit card are subject to a 5% service fee. Please contact one of our customer service representatives to discuss your options more fully.
HOTEL DEPOSITS AND PAYMENTS
If your team has a particular hotel preference, you will need to submit the room deposits promptly. Hotel choices are honored on a first come-first served basis, based on the receipt of your $200 per room hotel deposits. All of your team’s deposits must be submitted before hotel placement is made. Once all deposits have been submitted, your team will be assigned a hotel. Families will then be able to proceed with the remainder of the registration process. Any family that pays the $200 deposit by credit card will automatically be charged their remaining balance 30 days prior to the Tournament date. We will not accept any checks within 30 days of the Tournament.
All tournament related materials are due 45 days prior to the Tournament Date. All final balances are due 30 days prior to the Tournament Date.
CANCELLATION POLICIES AND INSURANCE
PANDEMIC CANCELLATION POLICY Should CAN/AM Hockey be forced to cancel an event due to the pandemic, 100% of all fees paid will be credited to a future event.
STANDARD CANCELLATION POLICY Deposits are non-refundable. There are no refunds on payments for cancellations within 30 days of the Tournament.
All fees and reservations may be insured against cancellation. Any reservation for which the insurance was purchased will be entitled to a full refund of all fees paid less the cost of the insurance. Click here for more information on reservation insurance.
The Challenge Cup is a USA Hockey sanctioned tournament. USA Hockey rules will be followed with additional CAN/AM tournament rules. Once you register, a copy of the CAN/AM rules will be available for review. US teams must provide a signed Official USA Hockey Roster 60 days prior to the tournament (some states also require a Travel Permit). Canadian teams must submit the required Travel Permit and Official Hockey Roster issued by their governing body (i.e. GTHL, OMHA, Hockey Quebec, etc…). No team will be allowed to participate in the tournament without submitting this information.
Accommodations in Lake Placid are situated within walking distance or a short car ride from Main Street shopping, dining, the Olympic Center, and all other Olympic venues.
Prices listed above include hotel, tournament features, and gate fees for the weekend. Hotel fees, taxes, and gratuity are included. Depending on hotel selection, your room will have either a queen/queen, double/double, king/sofa bed or queen/sofa. Incidentals will be the responsibility of the individual incurring these charges.
GOLD PACKAGE HOTELS
BEST WESTERN ADIRONDACK INN
2625 Main St Lake Placid NY 12946